View Single Post
      12-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #75
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
Please hold off on the "gutting". I edited a previous post about the BT boost numbers, as iaknown brought up some concern about these numbers being real or not. He and I both verified the numbers BT is giving does not appear to be accurate. Logging things on the Android Torque app (where boost is calculated from MAF/Volumetric Efficiency/Displacement) shows a small overshoot in boost at ~2800 rpm that hits ~32-33 psi that the BT tool is not showing. I've got an analog boost gauge on order that can read up to 60 psi to have a 3rd metric on measuring boost to see what is actually going on ...
The roads have dried off. Did a couple fairly aggressive pulls this 20F morning. Logging with Android Torque. Tried increasing the sampling rate to ~0.25 sec/point, but that's a little fast it seems as there's some lines with partially repated data from the previous sample (so that's why the graph lines look a little squiggly)...

Example of boost creep occuring at 2800 rpm and 3700 rpm with the 3rd gear pull. 4th gear pull I let off at 3500 due to excessive speed. 4th gear was full fuel up to ~3500 and the boost creeped up to 33.5 psi at 2800 rpm. But Torque indicates boost returns to normal levels. Will know more when the analog gauge gets here.

Interesting that those boost creep points kind of line up with the rpm's where the twin turbo's are changing their air paths:
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2...8_hiemesch.pdf
Attached Images