Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherDK
I've yet to wax the car... and I actually didn't use the carnauba, it was my dad, who only waxed the small area where the white foam had once been. Anyway,that's beside the point. My concern is obviously getting the remnant residue off the car, completely. Also, to get those small swirl marks out. Is it possible without a buffer? Will they come out fairly easily? Difficult? Any suggestions on what to do next would be great. Thanks.
TeacherDK, I see you did the same thing I did. The dealer did not touch my car either. Those sticky foam pads were a shocker, that's for sure. They left that residue, but luckily I had some googone in my cupboard, and the stuff came right off with no adverse affects to the paint. Don't go crazy with the goo gone, it doesn't take much, and use a MF towel to carefully wipe the residue away. I only put a couple of drops on my MF towel, and then used water to wipe off any left over haze. Also, remember, no swirling action, just up and down motion (follow the line of the residue only). I don't know if you'll have to strip that carnuba your dad put on top first though... my guess is the goo gone will cut through the wax.