View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #59
MIL.SPEC
Private
Rep
Drives: '05 Evo, '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjb View Post
Great addition to the thread... I'm a bit torn. Unsure what to do. This thread has me thinking.

Current setup includes front M3 arms, HR Sport springs, Koni Yellows and Wavetrac LSD. Love the setup for the most part. However, do not like the rear end. Feels a little loose. I have Whiteline inserts on order. I'm certain that will tighten it up a bit. However, I am not satisfied with the dampening in the rear. Tried softer, tried stiffer. Rear sits a little too low and don't like the feel when driving through high-speed undulations. Now, to be fair, my suspension has been on a few years so perhaps that's the miss.

Do you think switching to new B12 kit with Whiteline inserts will be a vast improvement? I know your opinion may be subjective but I'm trying to get a general idea and would rather not spend the time and money if there'll be little improvement.
Honestly, coming from the Evo, the rear subframe float drove me bonkers. Having the rear end oscillate back and forth driving down the 405N into the valley irritated the hell out of me. Glad it's gone.

I would try the inserts first and see how that helps. You could also add the Dinan pieces. Not sure if it will fix your issue, but adding travel to the rear can't hurt. Plus, they're both relatively inexpensive options that don't require a ton of labor.

The rear end on the BMW still feels a little heavy. May just be a characteristic of the platform. I know I can go over bumps in the Evo (dips in the road), and the car doesn't pitch too much. With the B12 kit, the car is much improved, but the pitch isn't gone. Then again, I have an über set of remote reservoir coilovers on the Evo, so it's not exactly a fair comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
Great to hear. Also great to see a SoCal EVO member here. I ran the GT Worx springs with the MR Bilsteins on my last EVO & loved it.

The B12 setup is where I am headed for my E90. Maybe for the summer after I remount the PSS. I am running 17" RFTs for the harsh SoCal "winter"
I have an MR, so it came with the Bilsteins standard. Loved them WAY better than the KYB's on regular Evos. Then I couldn't stop the mod bug and got the Paul Gerrard custom-valved Ohlin's. Was going to upgrade to Muellerized R&T's, and then a niced used set of Motons popped up and I jumped on it. They're great, but definitely not an install-and-forget it option. Good thing the Evo isn't my DD anymore
Appreciate 0