View Single Post
      02-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
tctic
Major

Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxman999
If the new E54 engine only has 3.0 liter, then why name the car as 335i? Well, the current 325i has 3.0 liter engine, so it's just a way for BMW to differentiate their models. But I think these naming (325i, 330i and 335i) is very confusing if they all have 3.0 liter engines.

Honestly if I have to choose between 3.0 liter turbo engine with 306hp and 3.5 liter naturally-aspirated engine with 306hp, then I'll pick 3.5 liter engine, especially when their prices and performance are similar. This is no brainer. Why buy a turbo engine that is more complicated and more things to break down????

So what is the real advantage of turbo charged 3.0 liter engine over naturally-aspirated 3.5 liter? Does it have better performance, better reliability, better gas mileage or cost less? I think answers are clear NO to all. I really don't know what BMW guys are smoking these days.....
The 3.5L NA engine is not official yet. It's just rumors. We'll have to wait and see and then you can then decide yourself. And if it does going to come later, I bet will get either the 3.0L Bi-Turbo and the 3.5L NA engine. Not both.
tctic is offline   Canada