Fatbloke
Private First Class
Wales
Rep

Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
9.51 in the 325 d and 8.53 in the M3 (only driven it for a week at that stage) my last timed lap in the M3 was on course for better but we stopped just before the mini-carousell as an Exige we were chasing crashed badly.

The buses I find OK, they`re big and keep out of the way, whats annoying about the bikes is they all think they`re quick down the straights and up through the forest but then brake so hard for the bends and refuse to move off the racing line that they ruin your lap. I understand that everyone wants to have as much fun as possible and its annoying having to move off the racing line but I think it would be better and much, much safer for everyone if the bikes and cars ran seperately (maybe an hour each, or something ?) I went twice this year and on both occasions there were biker fatalities.

Don`t get me wrong bikes can be great in the right hands and watching the one or two truly skilled riders keeping up with the Zakspeed vipers is awesome but I find most of the riding there terrifying.
Some commitment there with those times.

Have to agree with you about the speed in the corners and the idea about separating cars and bikes. I think after riding around the circuit, keeping the cars and bikes apart would probably benefit both camps.

(Personally, I spent most of the laps on the right hand side of the course, and as I said at least two eyes on the mirrors.)