Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Not true. By parking on private property, you open yourself to a different set of vehicle and towing regulations. I'm a landlord, and if you park a vehicle on my property and leave it for a specific amount of time, I can do just about anything I want. Most landlords don't, but they do have rights in this case, and while I don't agree with how the landlord did this, he likely followed the applicable laws and this was legal.
Yeah maybe, but is breaking a car window allowed under these so called "regulations"? That's a little extreme, especially when they could have just came and knocked on the apartment door.

This happened to a friend of mine at OSU before. He used an expired pass and laid the side down not showing the expiration date. It was only expired by a month also. Anyways the tow truck company broke the window then towed the car. The tow company claimed the car was already broken into, even though nothing was stolen. Kinda gay.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0