Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Go with PSS. I have run the A/S Plus, PSS and currently running A/S3. Up here in Canada, the weather tends to be 8-12C for temps. The A/S plus was a good tire but my tears cupped. Ran the PSS but the weather is too cold for it and I felt like I was on a skating rink. The A/S3 is a great tire BUT again, cooler weather, I'm sliding around. I'm running a RWD 335i. For me, I'm going back to the Conti DWS as it was softer but grip was better. Better sense of security driving though we sacrifice in performance. I can live with that.
I have PSS now but I don't like them when temps dropped, I've been reading good things about A/S 3. I have dedicated winters but I wanted something that performed well in the spring and fall when temps were cooler and fluctuated!
That's the exact same reason I went with the AS3. I have dedicated X-ICE snows as well. As mentioned, life in Canada, the temps are lower for 8-10months. The pure summer tires just don't cut it hence the all season. The reviews were great on the AS3 so I bought. First, the tires were noisy. I talked to Michelin support and was told that noise is something they can't warranty. My alignment shop mentioned that the tires were out of round. Again as Michelin stated, it was more a noise issue and nothing was wrong with the tires. I mean, they drive fine but more road noise.
When it's hot out there, the tires are good wet or dry. It's a very close feeling to the PSS.

When it's cooler; say 6-10C outside, again, tires are stable but seems the grip is noticeably less.
Appreciate 0