View Single Post
      02-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #22
crazybones
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
I think the supplier of the bulb holder made a mistake and made the top socket for the clear P21W bulbs instead of the amber/silver PY21W

The PY21W bulbs have slightly offset pins, so I think they modified the holders to take the offset pins and then soldored them to make shure they are secure.

Now it depends how many holders were made before they could change the design as to when you will get blacklines without solder.

As posted above some guys recently got blacklines in Germany and they still have the solder.

Maybe they wont even change it.

I have no idea when anybody will get stock. last I asked here the system said there were massive backorders in Germany and the system would accept any orders from us untill stock was available.

German dealers did seem to get stock 2 or so weeks ago, so maybe there are some shipments on their way across the world.

As for the pic, Im in the top one, not the one you blew up, and there is actually a better one of me hidden on the forum

Thanks Fleet. I was discussing this with a friend who had reached the same conclusion, although apparently, amber/silver bulbs can be obtained with normal pin configuration.

A couple of sets of blacklines are for sale on a German Ebay site which Google translates as "For the turn signals Silverline pears are integrated (see flashing silver out however orange)". By the term integrated, I guess it means soldered, but I'm going to order a set for my Le Mans Blue 330D which should be here shortly. Are you going for Blacklines on your new 325?