07-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #27
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harms View Post
I went the 5" stepped VRSF because i was worried about lag and i didn't want to trim anything. I didn't notice any change in lag compare to OEM, and I don't have any IAT issues at all, even when running 21psi boost. With the 5" stepped it looks really nice behind the grill as there is no gap.

Either way, I'd recommend being very careful with the mounting screws as i snapped off one of the stupid screws they provide and now have one side cable tied up. I recommend getting your own screws with a hex head rather than a nut, like OEM does.

If you're only planning drags, i'd suggest 5". I think 7" is only needed for pulls after pulls after pulls, e.g the track. If you want to upgrade turbo's in the future go the 7" though.
I had a similar problem choosing between the 5" and 7", it was put to me by a few people in the US that if I was not going to race the car the 5" would be more than ample. That way I had to do less cutting and yes the look is apparently better.

I purchased the 5" FMIC with charge pipe, DP's and main inlet charge pipe with the stock BOV arrangement for $1013 US and $250 for shipping, through extreme power house. The conversion price on the day made a decent difference to the overall cost.
Appreciate 0