Rep

Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
[quote]E92Fan Quote:
Quote:
That is all round, and yes Birds again.
Thanks for the confirmation,I was looking at Brembo's, but they are silly money

Quote:
I think for you with your remap, safety over aesthetics would be more prudent, with the LSD top of the list. The exhaust looks good, but won't do much for the sound as it's a diesel.
Agreed on the exhaust note,it was only really an aesthetic mod,but safety rules.The LSD is one step too far,I have no intention of hitting the 'ring' and its loadsamoney for the diesel

Quote:
I have thought about the MPG enhancement mod, but being completely truthful, I am 200% sure that I have extracted MORE out of my car by doing the LSD alone than by going for a remap or Procede box.
Fair enough, sounds a very reasonable arguement, and yes, you are very probably correct.

Quote:
Like most other people, I like fast cars, I like speed and I like the feel of having unburstable power under my right foot. However, I crave handling, balance and controllability even more than speed, as ultimately on a back road blast, a well-sorted car will out-point an over-powered but below-par-handling car (Cayman S vs 335i/d for instance).
Are you sure Tony,I had read somewhere that this is not the case

Quote:
Now that my car really does handle spectacularly well with the addition of the rollbars, my next mod will be to get it stop better repeatedly under heavy braking. Given that a lot of the miles are put on at high speeds in Germany, this seems like a good thing. Don't get me wrong - the standard 335 brakes are good in isolation, but after two or three highish-speed stops, they're completely shot until they cool off.
Unfortunately,my journeys recently have involved a lot of parking - M25 - M1 - M40/42, so I have not had a good opportunity to test the new BHP and see how it improves the MPG .but the brakes would certainly benefit from an upgrade.