View Single Post
      12-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #95
EVOgone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 - 32d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
let me set the record straight...fuck what the dyno says, the new map makes the car so much more responsive and faster.

My other car is a c32 amg 0-60 4.6 secs 0-100 10.8 secs (autocar) and when me and the mrs have had a little fun between 30 and 80 the 335d is all over the C32.

Now then its the torque that allows that the happen. Correct me if im wrong but its the torque from an engine that is responsible for the accelaeration so thats whats been added to the new map. SIMPLE.

I always change up at 4000rpm as ther is no need to rev any higher, just change up and surf that torque wave (BB).

Peppernick said in one of his posts that you have to drive the car differently to access the best performance is not an M car that NEEDS to be revved to 8000rpm, it a twin turbo diesel that does all its best work early on.

Until you have driven the post remap car, stop talking shit.

Love Steve.

PS im back
The aim of a remap for real world performance is to mirror the std flat torque curve. None of the graphs really show this apart from maybe one (but didnt produce the claimed hp). Personally big spikes in torque are so tuners can head line mega BHP and torque figures and give a perseption that they are faster than they are. NO ONE HAS SHOWN ANYWHERE NEAR 350hp

Everyone talks about the post map drivability, if thats the case then why have none of their maps got a flat torque curve . With the addition of the maps producing less power at the bottom and top end than std then there is still a lot of work to be done.

Dont get me wrong the car will be faster but i wouldnt call it "what it should be", its more like an early development map.

All tuner claims of 350 hp do seem to also be untrue.
Appreciate 0