Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 X5 50i, '11 GTI DSG

Garage List
2012 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
I have other systems Nuvi to be specific and they are no place close to iDrive in ease of use when moving. I have also used Honda and Toyota, both are not even in the same class as iDrive. To many buttons for me.

It's to bad your iDrive system is so crippled, my iDrive can do a change in the base in about 3-4 seconds (menu button, and a couple clicks) and I can get to it without looking, thats the part I really like. You might want to get your system looked at.
You're a funny guy.

Tell me honestly, if you have the map in the left hand window with the radio running, how many seconds would it take you to adjust the bass and then revert to the map again. You can use voice commands if you want. Also, you cannot use the preset buttons.

I'm going to bet that you cannot do it in less than 15 seconds. More if you do it by voice. That is unnacceptable for mundane every day procedures like adjusting bass, balance etc.

How many seconds (minutes likely) would it take to enter in a new destination into your iDrive - again you can use voice commands if you want. I challenge you to do it in under a minute - something which on any Garmin can be done in under 15 secs.

I don't know what the ultimate solution is but since this forum is for helping other owners and prospective owners, I'm telling them that it is woefully inadequate.

Now go time those two tasks for the board, don't practice now.
2011 VW GTI/DSG