View Single Post
      02-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
Phat Ham
Rep
Drives: m3

I use Zaino's car wash soap, mainly because I order it at the same time I order all the other Zaino stuff. I've heard lots of people being happy with Meguiar's Gold Class (I think that's what it's called) car wash. It's cheap and available at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

You'll want to use a wash mitt/sponge/whatever that will pull dirt and particles away from the surface. I use a cotton chenille wash mitt. Don't use a regular sponge as it won't absorb the dirt and just push it around on the surface, scratching your paint. Also use a separate one for your wheels. You don't want all that brake dust getting on your paint.

Don't forget drying is as important as washing. I use a California Dry Blade followed by a waffle weave microfiber towel. There's some controversy over the Dry Blade as it can scratch your paint if it picks up any dirt while you're using it. I've never had problems with it. You just have to be careful.

When you're applying Z2 you'll want to use Z6 or Z8 in between coats. Make sure you have plenty of quality microfiber towels for the job.