View Single Post
      12-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #95
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are all the same God. I have never tried to explain this to a secularist before. Let me try.

H2O is found in three forms: solid, liquid, and vapor. God is known in three forms. That's God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost. You could certainly find fuller explanations than this. Google "trinity" and you are bound to find a lot of information.
Yeah I've heard that explanation before. Hmm. I cant seem to agree with it though. Respectfully, I'll explain:

Firstly, ice, water & vapour ALL contain H20. It's just that H20 is in different forms i.e solid, liquid and gas. This is not the case for God in Christianity. There is God the Father, God the Spirit and God the Son (human). These are completely different things.

"Behold (have a look at) my hands and my feet, that it is I myself (I am the same fellow, man!): handle me and see; for A SPIRIT has no flesh and bones, as you see me have...
And he showed them his hands and his feet."

Luke (24:39)

Other people have tried to explain in the following way: a person could be a father, a son and a businessman. However, that fails too. If I told the father a secret the son and businessman would also know it because they are the same person. However, let's look at Bible:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Mark 13:32

This shows that the 3 people in the trinity dont share the same knowledge. I hope I was clear.