View Single Post
      01-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Much of the time in voting you don't have the opportunity to vote for the one you want, because that one already lost, or didn't run at all. In the primary I supported another candidate. When he lost, I supported the party nominee. There is no way I would have even considered voting for Algore. The choice was clear and I was active in the effort to elect George W. Bush.

President Bush has been a better President that I had expected of him. No doubt you are of a different opinion. You liked Clinton and defended Carter. That explains a lot.

Since you seem to have a different approach than I to making your vote, what will you do if your preferred candidate loses in the primary? Will you vote for whomever is left in that party? Will you go over to another party? Not vote?
I was far away during Carter era and Clinton bombed my homeland for no reason. No, I don't like Clinton at all. However, over and over again -- Bush has done nothing positive for us and for this country and the World. WHat the hell did you expect from him when you say he did better??? No way that ANYONE could have done worse.

Now, I put the past behind (Clinton crap) and I look into the future for my kids -- healthcare, education, jobs, world respect, free travel around the world wearing USA t-shirt...and much more. Putting these into equation only points to Democrats debate. F'h republicans only debate on how they will lower taxes in the bankrupted country and how he served in vietnam, how God is important and how he did great in NYC during the 9/11 events... Did, served, ...ed... I see no bright future with them (ones that have chance to be nominated). I trully don't give a shit if the Prez is a Republican or a Democrat. But what I hear they propose for the future of my kids, the choice is simple and clear...