scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I was far away during Carter era and Clinton bombed my homeland for no reason. No, I don't like Clinton at all. However, over and over again -- Bush has done nothing positive for us and for this country and the World. WHat the hell did you expect from him when you say he did better??? No way that ANYONE could have done worse.

Now, I put the past behind (Clinton crap) and I look into the future for my kids -- healthcare, education, jobs, world respect, free travel around the world wearing USA t-shirt...and much more. Putting these into equation only points to Democrats debate. F'h republicans only debate on how they will lower taxes in the bankrupted country and how he served in vietnam, how God is important and how he did great in NYC during the 9/11 events... Did, served, ...ed... I see no bright future with them (ones that have chance to be nominated). I trully don't give a shit if the Prez is a Republican or a Democrat. But what I hear they propose for the future of my kids, the choice is simple and clear...
You can have your opinion about the effectiveness of the President. My opinion differs highly. My criticisms of his presidency would likely be very different than yours on most points. Where we may agree is on the deficit. Early in his presidency this nation needed to run on a deficit. It was what pulled us out of recession. After his re-election, there should have been a different approach because the economy had largely recovered. He should have vetoed some spending bills forcing congress to pay down the defict. He didn't do it until last year. The delay of the inevitable has been unhelpful because his leverage is less than what it was when there was a Republican congress. Now it is opposition all the way.

This does not place all the blame on the President. The congress is supposed to be more responsible themselves.

Mike Gravel is a fruit loop.