View Single Post
      04-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #4
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X330I View Post
Thanks for the help, I'm not as knowledgeable about this whole awd thing so when someone that deals with only bmw's and has a whole shop full of them tells me something from his experience it seems legit.

I don't know any better that's why I came in here just to ask a question. He didn't mean he swap both diff, he told me exactly what I posted he put the 335 diff in plenty of other cars and vice versa. He also said the manual diff are really not that different. I asked him multiple times because I was un sure and he guaranteed me he does it all the time with no problem.

But thanks for steering me in the rite direction even tho it wasn't as pleasant.
Ask him why he thinks installing mismatched F/R diff ratios is going to be "fine".

Look I'm sorry your feathers are a bit ruffled but you're asking some very odd questions and repeatedly contemplating doing stuff that is flat out crazy/dangerous. And we have been telling you that but you're somehow not getting the point.

It is OK to not know something but you already badly messed up your car once installing mismatched tire sizes, then you wanted to take the axles out (which would make the front wheels fall off), then you wanted to drive it around with axles in but a front diff with no oil in it, now a mismatched F/R diff ratios?

We are trying to help you not kill yourself, which you seem intent on doing.

If you cannot find the right front diff for your 330xi, please look into swapping MT front and rear 335xi diffs (which BTW are both 3.08 ratio, not 3.15).
Appreciate 0