View Single Post
      04-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Losing my freakin mind,this car is killing me. Now Crank shaft pulley?

So I got my stage 3 done....one problem after another fixed.... I finally get my car back today.... Drive it..theres a little lag going on in the low rpm range...not sure why...

Im driving a friend and all of a sudden I lose power steering for a moment....then I smell burnt rubber.... We park the car...I look under the hood...cant see anything wrong... wait a couple hours for things to cool off and I get ready to go home... No power steering and battery charging failure....obviously something going wrong with serpentine... I assume tensioner.... but the belt is still nice and tight...nothing going on there...but NOTHING is turning...not even the main pulley... but the engine is idling just fine...

Please tell me there is a guibo involved in the main pulley and its easy to take out and change.....please.....

EDIT: I posted this in my panic...I googled...found the rubber backed pulley.....know its something I can do if needed...but am more concerned that I have a locked up water pump or something that caused this to fail......

Last edited by OmahaDZL; 04-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: better title.
Appreciate 0