View Single Post
      01-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Ewing
SEDATE COOL

Drives: '07 328i

Send a message via MSN to Ewing
Question POI Name Searches

Is it possible to do a POI name search in iDrive without having to go through those very specific and narrow categories? I love the Navi in my wifeys Mazda CX-7 which lets me look up a business with just the phone number which so many other Navis let you do also and is so much easier. I can also look them up just by the business name but in the iDrive it seems that I have to limit the search to a very narrow category and I usually can't find what I'm looking for because it does not fit it's dumb and restrictive category. I usually then have to do a search online using my cell phone which kind of defeats the purpose of having POI capabilities on your Navi! iDrive pretty much sucks in my opinion but maybe there is something I'm missing (hoping) with the POI's? Is there a way to search by using a name throughout ALL CATEGORIES?

BMW better step it up on their nextgen iDrive. It's almost shameful. OK, rant over.

|Simota CF Intake|Blacklines|Matte Black Grilles|Eyelids|iDrive|6SP|Shadow 328i Emblem|Umnitza Angel Eyes|
|Black Overlays|35% tints|DR Presidential Front Plate|330i Exhaust Tips|V2 Plate LED's|Xenon Int. Bulbs|CDVless|

Last edited by Ewing; 01-19-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Ewing is offline   United_States