01-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #184
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
lol, old car magazines?

The car is accepted, sure. People tolerate the front and rear, but that hardly makes it a "much better design" than the E90 which is what you said. BMW agrees with me - they are greatly toning down the design with the new F10 5 series. So enjoy your beloved headlights and bangle butt while you can, they will be gone soon. And what's left will probably be a mighty fine looking car.
Again you are reading too many car magazines who jump out to criticize Chris Bangle when the newer generations of BMW come out. Can't think for yourself, can you? Anyway, Chris Bangle is doing just fine as the director of BMW design, and BMW is doing better than ever. The original 7 series tail is a bit weird, but the current 5 series is widely accepted the best in its category, notably for those who want to purchase a vehicle in the executive car class.

Design language is a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the 5 series and it's gratifying to see one in the garage everyday. Mark my words, the e90/91 tail light will see some change. there's a reason the e92/93 don't use the same weird shape.

F10 is two years away. Have you seen it?

Last edited by ManMachine; 01-23-2008 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0