03-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #52
KL2DC
United_States

Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Just wanted to add: Well, I finally took delivery last Friday, CA (Jim Redden, Passport BMW) shared that because of his working relationships with people at the VPCs/POEs and at Bremerhaven, he is generally able to "work the system" to get your order in a tad bit faster.

He added that not all priority-1 tagged cars are equal and insists on putting the customer's last name on his customer P-1 cars to facilitate quicker processing at the POE (Bremerhaven) - lends a greater air of urgency?. Apparently, this is not new but not all CAs/Dealers go the distance, he mentioned some dealers who attempt to do so, do it half-heartedly and label all ordered cars with the manager's last name (which would start to look funny when you have a number of cars sitting at Bremerhaven with the same last names).

The other thing (claimed) about Passport is that their sales/order volume is high (finance guy mentioned more than 200 cars per month?) which translate to some degree of internal preferential treatment.

FWIW my car took 6 weeks from ordering to arrival at dealership...might have taken less time as I cancelled PCD (priority-9) mid-voyage, consequently my car rode the boat all the way down to Charleston and had to be trucked back up to DC metro.

Btw CA proudly claimed that there is literally no extra wait or markup to put in an order for an e60 M5, if interested. When I took delivery, a silverstone M5 was ready for pickup by a couple from FL. Looks stunning!!!

Also, delivery was smooth as butter, in and out of finance/paperwork in 30 minutes... Awesome ... I stand by my recommendations...

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!