View Single Post
      09-20-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
stevenzx
Private
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 130i

it it normal on N52.

use 0w40 oil and and some Engine Oil Additives, my n52 getting more quite. normally, if you drive the car in short distance or in winter, the ticking noise gets frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidow328i View Post
Its happened once before, just on cold start I hear inside a loud tick when i went to work at 9 am. Just on lunch the same day, at 1-2pm i let my car warm up didn't drive. The tick was gone? Just so happens again today, minus didn't happen in the morning, it happened when leaving work at 7pm. I turned the car off, added a few quarts of oil. Turned the car on within a minute it disappeared? Has this happened to anyone else? I mean I've heard the injector tick, which the tick i heard weeks ago, and today sounds way louder. 98,600 miles 2008. Ive had the oil change, my next is at 102k. But the oil when i got the car, was changed almost instantly. When the old oil dried up it looked real thick, and disgusting, i was thinking maybe there still some left in the engine that hasn't worked its way out. If possible. My question is, is this a bad sign of things to come?