View Single Post
      02-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #140
m3pyun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

I may get some criticism for this but I don't believe Catholicism is an examply Christianity. Sure, if the definition of being Christian is believing in Jesus Christ, then Catholicism would be a Christian denomination. However, I believe that in order to be Christian you must believe that Jesus Christ is the ONE AND ONLY WAY to salvation. That you are a sinner and should be condemned to death but Jesus Christ died for your sins so that you don't have to. By Jesus Christ being the one and only way to salvation it means nothing else you can do matters. You cannot earn your way into heaven by doing good. Technically, you don't have to do any good. However, if you truly do love Christ and are a follower you would want to live your life like Christ, a life that is pleasing to him. I find that many people think they are Christian simply because they go to church and believe in Jesus Christ, I was like that as well. I was in fact raised a Catholic, went to mass every Sunday and was even an altar boy for several years.