Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post
Hey, sad news for me!(

Tried to follow 325tds guide (last post on first page) precisely but no luck even tho that every input is went through with status - OK

The gauge is simply not moving at all, it just sitting at 0
Not when its freezing cold, not when engine is hot, not when you moving

BELOW is if you are following 325TDS guide
#1 I Have F1 06 6E does all 3 blocks has to be changed or only last one???

#2 Note that the blue FF’s in the argument:
No argument is still there and still consist FF at least for me i have to manually copy all the info from window modify desired blocks and then input it to the argument for the next step!

#3 After choosing “c_checksumme” what to press?
#4 My checksum - 4B does this means anything?
#5 C_Cschreinben what to press?
#5 How do we Execute the job? I have only option of “steuergeraete_reset_DELAY" and it worked for me to restart cluster?
#6 Not sure if it is an arphagraghical mistake but i only have - "uhrzeit_datum_Stellen"

Here is some pics maybe somebody can advise me something!?

EDIT: Followed the steps in PDF along with saved original data from WORD and reversed gauge back to what its there for!(((
Gauge is seems to be working normally after short drive!
Along the way tried my original 2 blocks and 3rd one is 6F - "F1 06 6F" with no success!(((
Looks like you did everything right tryingtobebest. Which engine do you have? There are supposed to be some engines where it doesn't work (see updated first post).
So far I have only verified it on a petrol 325i with N53B30 engine but it should work with the US 335d as well. I'll verify that today.
What I have noticed on the 325i that it takes quite a while until the needle starts moving. It was about 20min of highway driving. How long did you drive? Did you compare your reading to INPA or Rheingold readings of the oiltemp?

#1: Yes, you should replace all three values as we currently don't know what 0D and 07 mean. It is assumed that 07 has to do with damping of the needle.
#2: That was a misunderstanding. The argument field doesn't change as it is your input to the job. The result window should give you the replaced FF values. Was that not the case?
#3 and #5: In order to execute a job you can either double click the job or press the 1x> icon. But I guess you figured that by now .
#4: No, the checksum is entirely dependent on which values your original read was and which values you chose for the scale division. 4B is correct in your case (note that your next number after the checksum is 33 instead of 1F in my case).
#5(second): "steuergeraete_reset_delay" should also work, but it takes a little longer before the reset performed. Look a little bit more to the top of the list. "steuergeraete_reset" should be there.
#6: Thas was a typo, thanks! I'll update the doc and edit the original post.

Last edited by Mik325tds; 01-07-2017 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0