View Single Post
      02-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #164
ajminn
Private

Drives: e90 m3

wow. i was hoping this thread would help people see where they stand when making their decision to buy/lease the car. some people make the value judgment that a 60k+ car is a good choice while living at home. others are in their 30s, 40s, 50s and have been working hard to justify buying this car. i do admit, my statement wasn't accurate when i said there were plenty of jobs out of school, and i did mean grad school, that paid 150k+. i guess it's a problem of being around peers and that environment. by no means is it easy to come out of any professional school and find a job that pays that well, but my point is that it does happen, and it does happen with some regularity for those that are in the right position/school. i don't take offense to people who are/were skeptical because, let's face it, there are always going to be trolls. but, i had hoped that this poll would give me some information as to where the majority of m3 owners were in terms of income. personally, i didn't want to make a stupid financial decision of buying a car that i could not afford, and having never earned a salary that high before, i had no references to measure my decision by.