View Single Post
      02-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Surely BMW should give a free update to anyone that purchased a new car within the last 6 months and maybe a reduced rate for anyone within the last 12 months.
Agree, expecially if you pay for professional navi. Even if they charged an annual subscription fee that gave you automatic updates etc.

Anyway I went to the $tealership this morning to buy a new disk, confirmed with the sales person that it has school zones & black spots so handed over my hard earned and left the building.

Surprise surprise, no school zones or black spots anywhere. Looked through all the menu's etc and still nothing. So I then called the BMW 1800 number and they put me through to BMW Sydney. I spoke with 3 SA's, 1 parts person and a sales person. None of whom could advise how to display the promised items.

So at the moment I am waiting for them to call me back to advise what I need to do to make it work. I suspect the info is on the disk but that the iDrive software cannot access it, meaning there may need to be a software update applied to the car to make it work?
WOPALX is offline   Australia