View Single Post
      03-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #114
Musashi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i XDrive Laguna Seca

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci2 View Post
It's pretty laughable to cite the country of origin as a problem with very little conversation to performance or quality. I've seen good products come from China, and bad products come from the US. Mind you, iPhones are made in China - I don't see anyone complaining about their quality control. Anyone who refuses to own products where any part of them were made in China would wind up living in a tree fort and taking their horse to work.
iPhones are assembled in China. Put together. Its majority of parts are made elsewhere, Germany being the bulk producer of iPhone guts, micro-circuitry, screens elsewhere as well etc. Not so good an example. But for sure batteries are made in China and yes, the factories cheated on insulation, burning Samsung a multi-billion$ hole. As a rule of thumb, performance components made in China do not exist, from aerospace to, yes Macs. Processors? never China. SSDs? neither. GPU's ? not. technology transfer regulations prohibit it. However, some new technologies (e.g. CCBs) with new patents in China exceed the Brembo tech, but this is a rare case confirming the rule.

Last edited by Musashi; 06-15-2018 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50