View Single Post
      03-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
The Accountant
Private First Class

Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Another advantage of the old system -- FTM is not triggered because of a cold morning (all tire pressures a couple of pounds lower). With TPMS, the alert is triggered. Or maybe this is a disadvantage. At least, it's a difference.

EDIT - can anyone in the EU confirm -- I thought even the new cars in the EU had the "old" FTM system, rather than the sensors of the "new" TPMS system? I thought the air pressure sensors were used in the US only because of US regulations. I'll look for the old thread on this topic...
I read this too, but can't confirm. However my boss has the sensors on his A8 - so I can at least say Audis have the sensors (and he had to buy a second set for his winter tires). Even his spare has to have a sensor....oh....to have a spare and a place to put it....how nice.
2008 metalic black 320d coupe, black dakota leather, sport suspension, piano trim, i-drive professional, PDC front/rear, prologic 7, 6FL, heated seats, full electric sport seats, comfort access, folding mirrors, adaptive headlights, bluetooth, 189 wheels
The Accountant is offline   Poland