blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS DAVE View Post
Thats the one, every one thinks turbo's have oil seals, can you imagine how long an oil seal would last at exhaust gas temperartures'?? the problem you are experiencing is down to crank case pressures i explained this to the other guy on the phone the other day. more boost bigger crank case pressure, simple.........
Hi Dave,

Truth be told I don't understand that area enough to imagine things like that, its why I asked so that I could understand it better so I appreciate the information. Out of curiousity though, how does the increased boost pressure cause the vapour when I leave the car to warm up? My vapour occurs regardless of whether I drive it or not so boost pressure wouldn't factor.in yet would it?
Lets not get the two things confused: the white vapours are going to be there regardless. Lets say it's just a characteristic. With regards to higher pressure, that is what is giving the increased oil consumption due to the lack of any oil/air separation within the breather assembly.

Put it this way, if you drive around off boost, your oil consumption/leakage will be minimal. When on boost, that's when the oil consumption/leakage will increase.
Appreciate 0