I've been reading your fine board for a while and need some advice. I'm looking to get a used E91 in the next few months. I'm stuck on engine choice which is hampering purchase plans as I can't decide.
We do 26,000 miles a year so economy has to be taken into account. Current car is a 190hp Celica (get 32mpg). Normal commute is 35miles round trip on congestion free M-Way and we travel loads up to the highlands which is a joy in the Celica
Options are :-
(1) Get a 320d 163hp model pre ED and save some money.
(2) Wait and try to pick up a 320d ED 177hp car in a month or two.
(3) Buy a slightly older 325d/330d
What I need to know is,
- Is a EffDyn's car really 10mpg better then the old engine in real life.
- Can you get 50mpg out of a 325/330 on a run (forums suggest avg 45)
- Having test driven a 320d 177 ED and 325d liked both will the 163hp engine feel like a let down.
Many thanks for your help and go easy on this newbie.