View Single Post
      04-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Booster4075
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90, 335i

Ahh...you're being silly...I know there's no knob under there...I was expecting a four-pin (disconnected) connector for the controller tucked under there somewhere, I just didn't see it.

The information (like the speed sensor wire) - this is the information I need. I'm surprised that info doesn't come over the vehicle bus. Hmm...

..and yeah, its a $2100 option, but I didn't buy my car new, so buying a new car is a $15K+ option...or finding the "perfect" used car. I love my car and have it fixed up nearly the way I want it. Its easier for you to say because you ordered a new one with the option. I figure I'll gather the parts, do as much R&D as possible, then see if it works. If not, I can always sell the parts on ebay. I'm trying to make open-minded friends at the dealer so that they can help me with suggestions on how to get this whole thing going. It seems to me that it shouldn't be impossible...its the same exact car, equipped slightly different. Like I said, I already have the i-drive dash harness, so that should solve some problems (if I actually need it.)

I also found there there is an air-cooling pipe that is tucked into the dash, likely to help cool the CCC. I just keep hearing about fan wiring, but I think that's more related to e46 nav retrofits(?). My hope is to get this thing done for about the same price as the option. I've got the expensive pieces already (sans the dash) and I'm still under $900. Don't get me wrong, I refuse to spend $6K or some ridiculous amount for this...then I WILL buy a new car!
Booster4075 is offline   United_States