View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
slinkygn
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i M-Sport

And if you don't want to spring for the nicer one -- worst case, it'll just take longer.

Dig up the spec sheet buried in the manual for the one you got, and find what it says for "duty cycle." That's how long it can be running vs not. So if the duty cycle is 50%, if it runs for a minute it needs to stay off for a minute before it kicks back on.

When you're blasting, it's probably going to want to kick on a *lot* to re-pressurize your blaster tank. Keep an ear out, and make sure it's not exceeding its duty cycle. Otherwise you'll have a nice crispy but not very functional compressor in a short while.

And do *not* even bother trying it with one of those gravity blasters. You'll need the stored pressure of a pressurized media blaster to do this job with a compressor that small. You'll be tearing your hair out otherwise.

All that said -- I don't know that I've seen a forum post anywhere with someone trying it with a compressor that small. Who knows, it may be pretty tolerable. Might be worth a try! I'd be interested to find out how it goes.
Appreciate 0