View Single Post
      04-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #73
Mr. 5
Modder Raider

Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
DUDE!, How many times do we have to say that people with stock DPs are having the same issue?

Originally Posted by SPDFAN View Post
This is my 5th turbo car, not saying that I know a lot about turbos, but one common thing with all internally gated turbos, like our stock turbos, is that the wastegate parts (diaphram rod, c-clip, flapper, flapper rod) should not slide AT ALL under all conditions, which means everything should be spot on from manufacturer, as well as the compressor & turbine wheels to the shaft connecting the wheels & the bearings around it. I don't know how yours happened, but saying that the engine's vibration causes the problem is a complete joke. It's either your turbo is somehow a defective unit, or improper installation procedure, or the downpipes weren't made perfectly. I would lean towards the downpipe design because I'd seen many pictures where the pipes are touching each other, and when you are boosting, generating 1200+F of heat, even iron would soften a bit, plus the "not-so-well-made" downpipes, everything shifts. My cousin has an 07 335xi, bone stock with 24k on the clock, it sounds and drives like when he took delivery.
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM