View Single Post
      03-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #81
stamonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328xi 6MT

I used this diy successfully this morning, I learned a few things that'll hopefully save future diyers some time. For reference this is on my 2011 E90 with the BMW Professional stereo and Harmon Kardon sound. My phone is a OnePlus 6T.

1. I coded my car before I installed the ebay box. It worked fine, but you will not see the CDC option on the headunit until you install the box. I wondered if the car was smart enough to figure out the I didn't have the CDC yet, it was.

2. I didn't have $694 on my VO/FA list. I suspect that was an LCI change maybe?

3. If your car has bluetooth for phone only, and you want to retain that functionality, make sure than you flip dip switch #4 first before you pair your phone. If you adjust the bluetooth profile for the ebay box at all (like disabling the phone), you can't stream anything.

4. Previously, I was using a Kinivo BTC450 through the factory aux connection. That box does support aptx. However, due the low quality BMW aux, I do think the ebay box sounds better. Not earth shatteringly better, but some better.

All in all I think this is the best (and cheapest) option we have for decent quality bluetooth streaming and retaining the steering wheel controls.
Appreciate 0