View Single Post
      04-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
NFS
Major General

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone on here have any advice on how I go about rejecting a car I purchased via the BMW approved used car scheme in mid Feb of this year.

The dealer I purchased the car from is adamant that all I am entitled to is a repair/investigation of the faults.

I'm sitting here whilst waiting for Assist to turn up and investigate the current engine management warning light.

Some of the issues I have with the car only manifest them self when itís been raining/damp outside. Guess what itís been sunny for the past week so they are not apparent.

Iím on my final sense of humor by pass now and want out of the car PDQ.

Also if it helps the car is part financed through BMW.

Any advice appreciated.

Anthony
There is a 'BMW approved used car commitment':

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/about...ts/0,,,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW
"We are completely confident in the quality of our Approved Used BMWs. So much so, that if we are unable to resolve a demonstrable fault arising within the first 30 days/1000 miles of your ownership (whichever is sooner), you will be entitled to an exchange, or a refund if an appropriate exchange cannot be found**.

**This does not affect your statutory rights
This allows you to reject the car if they are unable to resolve the fault. However, it doesn't give a timescale.

I would write a letter to the dealer.

1. Refer to the commitment

2. Provide dates and mileage confirming that the demonstrable fault arose within the 30 days / 1000 miles.

3. State that the dealership has been unable to resolve the fault to date.

4. Give them notice that, if the fault is not resolved within a reasonable period (10 working days), you will require an immediate exchange or refund.

Should get their attention nicely.