View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Montye90
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2007

E90 335i - 2FDB fuel high press

Morning All, been a while since I have been on here, just looking for some quick advice. Car has just ticked over 91,000km. On the weekend, I barely drive the car now, I got a cel. I was accelerating past the a typical 95% (can’t drive or help themselves in life) hit about 4000rpm and the car started studdering. Stopped at the lights and got a rough idle. Accelerated gently from one set of lights to the next and idle was smooth again. I remembered I recently had an O2 cel, it they Are less than 5k old, so I cleared it and thought it must be that.

Parked the car for 30, drove home and now it studders really bad ( no power) at 4000rpm approx. I plugged in my MHd code reader and have a misfire on cylinder 5 and got the subject code. Also a degraded O2 sensor. I am not a mechanic, but I did some reading and nothing was conclusive.

Question to the wise ones, I am guessing either HPFP replacement time or fuel sensor on the rail?

FCP euro would be my friend here still...correct?

Thanks all...
BMW 335i October 2007 Build. VR Speed down pipes, heat coated by HiOctane, BMS DCI, MHD Stage 2, Index 12 Injectors, Eldor Coils. RB Outlets & Inlets installed. Wagner Evo 2 Comp installed, Charge pipe with Tial BOV installed. Stage 2 lpfp installed. Motiv ethanol sensor and flex fuel installed. MHD v8 stage 2+ e50 map installed.
Appreciate 0