04-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #48
e93
open air motoring at its best

Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4008616 View Post
Oh another question I would lilke to ask for advice...

Will the dealer offer paint protection?
Is it worth taking out?
If not, where is the best place to go? I know there is a type of protection where a clear thin plastic coating is actually physically stuck on top of the paint, what does everyone think about this?
Quite a few members here have gone with paint and leather protection. Some believe it to be a good investment. Any paint protection product will eventually break down and will need to be re-applied. If you plan to maintain your car yourself on a regular basis then I wouldn't pay for the paint protection. Given the cost - you could get a detailer to polish your car professionally once a year and you could wax it yourself every 2-3 months in between. Astra has had great success with the leather protection - she has white leather though. The benefit is they repair or replace any damaged leather components at no cost. If you have black leather - you could opt to maintain it yourself.

There is a clear vinyl product that can be applied to the front bumper, guards, bonnet to protect against stone chips etc. Its referred to as a clear bra and there are several suppliers for this product. Not sure if anyone here has tried it - it can yellow a bit over time.

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
e93 is offline   Australia