10-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #83
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
The Denox system exists because of a large spike in emissions of NOx at the transition between homogenous and stratified charge modes. In order to control these emissions the Denox catalyst was fitted and the effectiveness of the system is monitored by the NOx sensor.

The engine doesn't need any of the denox system to run lean or stratified but crucially the ECU on standard software DOES need the information reported from the Nox sensor. Moreover it needs to see the correct info from the Nox sensor or it will assume the Denox system is faulty, cannot effectively remove oxides of nitrogen and therefore disable all but traditional homogenous mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirka330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
They might be doing the simplest thing: change 3000 to 9999999999999999999.
I guess the simplest thing would be to block a nox sensor hole in the exhaust by one M20x1,5 screw and connect specially adjusted (to a can bus protocol standard) mp3 player to send a special binary nox song to the msd80 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
The Denox system exists because of a large spike in emissions of NOx at the transition between homogenous and stratified charge modes. In order to control these emissions the Denox catalyst was fitted and the effectiveness of the system is monitored by the NOx sensor.

The engine doesn't need any of the denox system to run lean or stratified but crucially the ECU on standard software DOES need the information reported from the Nox sensor. Moreover it needs to see the correct info from the Nox sensor or it will assume the Denox system is faulty, cannot effectively remove oxides of nitrogen and therefore disable all but traditional homogenous mode.

Yup if it doesn't have a NOX delete coded, as I have had this setup running for the last 2 years!

I'm running nox delete and my car runs all 3 modes.
Appreciate 2