View Single Post
      10-26-2019, 07:47 PM   #33
FaxData
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330e (F30)

With the wiring I've suggested, only the camera comes on when you press the button. Putting your car in reverse, however, will turn on both the camera and the rear PDC. I can draw a diagram when I'm at a PC (on my phone at the moment).

Do you want to be able to activate rear PDC while driving forward? I honestly don't think there's a way to achieve that, due to the complexity of the problem (PDC is activated in several modules as a response to a signal from the transmission). Some folks have figured out how to grab and replicate signals across the CANBUS using an arduino, but I'd have to imagine that sending a reverse gear signal to every single module in the car while driving forward would at the very least throw some errors... I'm curious as to the utility as well.

You shouldn't need to wire the camera power to the battery, since aftermarket headunits (as well as the CIC btw) have a power source specifically for the rear camera. But if you'd like to share the manual for your head unit, I can take a look.
Appreciate 0