04-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #10
mully
Australia
Rep

Drives: E90 320D Executive Innovations

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Further on the sat nav issue, this is the blurb from the BMW website:

http://www.bmw.com.au/scripts/main.asp?PageID=23520

"----You can also visit the Where Is website, www.poweredby.whereis.com, for information on the digital maps contained on your Satellite Navigation System Version 14 disc.

Please note that one of the three Satelittle Navigation Version 14 disc upgrades is yet to arrive in Australia. The models that require this disc for the Version 14 upgrade are E87 1 Series, E90 3 Series and E60 5 Series. However, this disc can still be ordered through your BMW Dealership and you will be advised when it arrives in Australia".

My understanding is that the 6 cylinder models are made in Germany and the 4 cylinder ones are made in South Africa and a variety of hardware is used depending on the model.

The 320d apparently uses Harmanbecker (don't know if i have spelt it right) hardware and the problem lies with all models using this hardware.

I have talked to the head tech guy in BMW Australia so I don't doubt that version 14 does not work in my model. I would have been happier though if there was an offer by BMW of a free copy of the next available version.

Too much to expect I suppose!