View Single Post
      05-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #99
Booster4075
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90, 335i

Retrofit update

a) I got the fakra cable from Navparts.com - its seemingly long enough, but has female ends on both sides. Its likely that I will use it and go directly from the sharkfin antenna to the CCC.

b) I'm still waiting for the dealer and shop foreman to update me (I'm calling daily) to find out once I get this installed that they WILL be able to 1) recode the CCC from UK to US. (ironically, the decal on the part # on my CCC says ECE/US.) I'll buy a US CCC if I really have to but since I have this one.... and 2) convert the programming on my car from M-ASK to CCC as required to make it work. I just want to be sure that the tire pressure monitoring, PDC, etc... will ALL work when the conversion and programming is complete.

c) I've got a quote from a friend at the dealer for a new dash for around $470...good enough to sway me to buy a new one as opposed to salvage. I'm compiling a list of all the little things (center speaker grille, vent duct, etc..) so that when I make the DIY, it will be complete.

I'm really ready....just waiting on others.

Anyone else made progress??
Booster4075 is offline   United_States