Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Could even be top mounts, I guess...

Good luck, keep us posted.
Update.

Replaced:

Front Shocks (Sachs)
Front Top Mounts (Sachs)
Front Springs (Eibach)

Old shocks were completely done, and had some play in one of the top mounts. Was feeling really optimistic before the test drive. Part of the process was removing droplinks and all arms - everything was tight, and I took extra care to double check all connections here on reassembly.

Noise is still there. Good news is, as I was playing around I was able to replicate the sound. With the engine off (wheels on the ground), if I turn the steering wheel to the right, there's some slack (approx 1.5-2cm) until it starts moving the wheels. Once there's 'bite', I get a slight knock. If I hit it with some force, I get the same clunk as I do going over bumps. There's also slack in the other direction, but there's less noise. Once the engine is on, or when the car is lifted, I can't replicate the sound, so it's in the resistance between the steering wheel and the wheels. It's pointing to somewhere in the steering system.

Has anyone experienced this previously? Any pointers to where to check first, as I have 0 experience with the steering rack.

Any input would be great!
Appreciate 0