Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
my man , I did a quick google search in a usa site for cars

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25

I still see convertibles sell for higher price than coupes too. So I m not sure who are all these guys you are talking too and how you say that you speak for the USA somehow ... But again , you walk into a dealer and price a convertible vs a coupe with the same specs and the convertible will always be more expensive. So if the USA people somehow see convertibles as a lesser option , it sounds crazy to think the dealers would sell their convertibles at a higher price?. I mean there is a reason they are price higher than coupes . If the people in the USA somehow think the way you think they think , it just does not make any sense dealer would be selling their convertibles at a higher price, noone would be buying them .
The used market is not that much different. Same options , mileage, etc ,etc a convertible is a little more expensive than a coupe. Specially on a luxury brand like BMW.

Its a different story some guys want to think that a little more weight and less rigidity is somehow going to make a huge difference on the street. I really don't see it. The 335 is plenty capable regardless of coupe or convertible for 99.9% of driving. At the end of the day , its a luxury car , not
a sports car. You get some sportiness with it . A track test is a different story , but how many people are actually beating the crap out of a 335 on the track. I make good money and i dont even think I could afford to keep a 335 running on a track lol

But you are right, we just have different opinions. I was just curious to see if the convertibles actually sell for less in the usa used market as you pointed many times as a fact. To me surprise the story is a little different which makes sense.
I've been talking used prices here, yes I know brand new convertibles are more.

You got me there though, every time I've searched used car prices in the past, I have always seen convertible BMW's for less than the corresponding coupes, but maybe that's because I don't specifically look at convertible prices mainly. Maybe it has to do with every time I saw a killer deal on an M3, it was a convertible lol. And also usually convertibles are optioned out more than a coupe so that likely factors in to the slightly higher pricing.

True, these are originally luxury cars, but 13+ years after the fact more people are getting into these cars(335 specifically) because of the (engine)performance they are capable of, and they handle exceptionally well also.

I live in Cali, probably make way less than you, own a home, and have no problem affording to track my 335i btw.
Appreciate 0