05-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #101
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steaman View Post
The retrofit set, upgrading from Business Navi to Professional Navi has some of these parts, It might be possible to buy parts of the set as single items instead of making your own harness?

Retrofit kit navigation professional
Part number: 65 90 0 415 350 Set

http://bmwfans.info/part-65900415350/
I went back and looked at this post - you are absolutely right! Some of these little parts could be purchased separately (ie. the fan harness is less than $7 ready to go!) The fakra antenna cable is not part of this since its an upgrade from business to professional navigation (and it is assumed you already have the antenna cable in place and working.)

In looking at the instructions for this retrofit kit (65 90 0 415 350) it appears a microphone is part of this install. Can we assume that cars equipped with voice command/bluetooth already are equipped? I probably need to pull down the overhead console and make sure two microphones are present.

I still have a local dealer trying to contact BMW NA engineering to see if they will be able to supply a software package to program the car. I suggested using the software package that goes with this retrofit kit, but I'm sure I don't know enough on the software side to make it work. (adding to the complication is my UK CCC.)

...still in limbo waiting...