View Single Post
      07-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
wish1
Private First Class

Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by X kelliente X
I've been mostly looking at Rallye, Bayside, Habberstad, Oyster Bay and Hassel. What are your experiences?
In shopping for my car I've had firsthand experience with Habberstad, Oyster Bay and Hassel. And Westchester and Pace in Westchester county. I really researched this purchase.

My overall opinion of BMW retailers in general is that they leave much to be desired in the area of customer service. I did not have a positive experience in any of these dealers mentioned. My experiences ranged from poor service and non-service to arrogant and insulting.

I also learned that the people who follow and participate in these forums know infinitely more about these cars than do the dealers. They are generally too arrogant to acquaint themselves with the products they sell. The prevailing attitude is that BMWs sell themselves. All BMW sales and service people should be required to visit virtually any Lexus showroom to experience the level of service that should accompany a premium purchase.

That being said, I did visit Lexus, and bought a BMW. And I did so at Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, Rockland county. Not close to me by any means but definetly worth the trip. In sharp contrast to the aforementioned dealers, their attitude is one of service to the customer and gratitude for my business. And while I am not strictly a price shopper, they readily agreed to $1500 off MSRP simply for asking. Overall a very positive experience. I will take my car there for service too.