View Single Post
      05-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #250
vivekk
THE Viv

Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d
I didn't think that there was a grace period on upgrades with Orange, at least when my E90 arrived (in February) and I looked into upgrading, there wasn't then. Ther was only a grace period for new contracts.

Also, I found that on my old low talktime contract it was the same price as the upgrade to buy a phone sim free from Expansys. It's worth investigating all options before upgrading.

I didn't have the option of moving, as all of the mobile telcos are trying to sell larger contracts with more minutes than I required.
Steve, there is a 7-working day grace period on all upgrade phones, when obtained direct from Orange & when obtained as a result of going through their disconnections department- that's how I've been getting a new free mobile from them, every year, for the last 10 years!
I last upgraded to the Orange SPV C600, tested it for a week & decided to keep it, because it worked fine & did transfer the phonebook to the e90. I would otherwise have sent it back, without any cost to myself.

You do need to complain about the fact that you are unhappy staying with them & are thinking of disconnecting.
They will then put you through to disconnections and automatically put you through their 'retain customer' routine, where they will offer a new phone & extras.

The reason I've had to do this is because of my mobile number. I think Orange are the best of a bad bunch, but they will not let users end contracts after 12 months, start a new one & keep the same mobile number.
I've complained to Ofcom about it, but Orange still make excuses for not offering existing customers the same deals as new ones.

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 05-17-2006 at 03:50 PM.
vivekk is offline   England