05-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #253
vivekk
THE Viv

Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWUK
Thanks Vivekk!!!
Glad to hear the SPV C600 works........must be a first a Windows Mobile phone that works!!!!
What about the SPV M600 or Nokia N80?

Yeah I know that Orange have a 7 day grace period (I'm with Orange) - they only give you this grace period if you use there direct upgrade service. BUT as a result the phones often are more expensive then going through somewhere like Onestopphoneshop.com.

So a bit torn - rather get the thing right first time, rather then frustrate over an incompatible phone! Loved the Samsung D500 when it first came out, only thing was half the things failed to work on my old E46 bluetooth setup (phone book transfer, ring tone!!!).

Should I find a Nokia N80 or wait for the SE...........I bet the SE would have no probs, but the Nokia is such a spectacular phone.
I don't know about the SPV M600 or the Nokia N-series, I'm afraid.

I've been upgrading my phone, directly through Orange, every year for the last 10 years DWUK- FREE OF CHARGE & with a 7-working day grace period!
You need to be in a position to be able to cancel your current contract (usually after 12 months).
You can then go through the disconnections route, when they will try to hold on to you as a customer, by offering a free phone upgrade & extras (free txts, photo bundles etc). However, the level of 'retention freebies' will depend on your current monthly tariff.

I can honestly say, I've not paid Orange for a phone since the original Nokia they brought out , over 10 years ago!

If I were you DWUK, I'd try out a few of their phones for 7-days at a time, just to see how they work with your car. Get hold of the phone through disconnections (free!), or the by upgrading (pay!)- you decide how you want to do it.
If you aren't happy, send the phone back & pick another one.
If you aren't happy with any of them, just go back to your old one- nothing changes- you should remain on your old phone & contract.
If you think I'm joking, give them a ring & find out for yourself!

Just one thing- older car firmware can cause problems with the bluetooth connection to the phone, as other members have discovered, so make sure you have at least Progman 20 installed in your car- your dealer should be able to tell you what you have.

All the best.

Viv

vivekk is offline   England