View Single Post
      01-07-2022, 01:00 PM   #6
Kyokushin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, F32 420i

It is using AUX for audio, so if you switch to CD or stock NAV then you cant hear voice from this box, for example a call or some warnings.

You may switch by holding 'menu' button for few seconds to switch the view between stock (everything is working) and the carplay-box.

You may use any navigation from your phone (for example Waze - its showing max speed limit, informing when you exceeding, informing about photocameras etc)

In addition you may call from cellphone, answer calls from the wheel, switch songs from wheel, or call via contact book and phone app in carplay, or call by Siri. Its good feature if someone does not have bluetooth in CCC (and that option was pretty rare in these times).

Pretty old car is getting modern multimedia features by few bucks. My and my wife switched to carplay only - using Waze for navigation, apple music for music, calls are working, voice assistance also so it seems to be all multimedia what we like to have in car.

There is also possibility to watch some movies by this box or listen to music from usb, but never used that.
Appreciate 0