06-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #128
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilian View Post
No, no, ok here is the story. So if you look in the general section I put a post up asking the guys if I should get an E93 or an E92 335 – taking into consideration that I already have a E92 M3. I had an E92 on order but only expected delivery around the end of July. My dealer contacted me and offered me a E93. I obviously took the offer and took delivery last week. Now I was fully aware of the 29.2 problem and told the dealer that if there was any lag I wanted them to check for any upgrades. Literally the first thing I checked once driving her off the floor was for lag and you guessed it I was laggorized!!!

Now this E93 had arrived at the dealer around 2 weeks ago and had been given a PDI and had her usual programming. I took her in on Monday to get the insurance tracking system installed as well as getting them to check for any upgrades. I distinctly remember the technician saying that there was an engine management upgrade available for her and we would have to hope for the best.

I got her back late Monday afternoon and trust me there was a huge difference. I no long had to put my foot flat, turn up the volume, select my music and then get the turbo kicking in. There was instantaneous power. So guys just wait, a few more hours till I have everything that was done to her.
Sounds like we'll get the detail we need tomorrow. Seems VERY odd that they upgraded your 29.2 with another newer 29.2

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0