View Single Post
      03-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #140
R3dLeader
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 and e93 335i

Is there a rough estimate for setting the toe to an acceptable value after the M3 arm install? I read 3.5 turns of the tie rod to toe out after the install will get you close. I think this came from the 1 series forums.

I plan to get a proper alignment later, but I think it should be possible to correct the toe approximately for now. At least so I can drive to the alignment rack lol.

Worst case, I could break out the strings and try to measure toe.
Worst worst case: my tie rods will be frozen

EDIT/UPDATE: Control arm install went smoothly except for the fact that the left thrust arm FCP sent me appeared to be a counterfeit from Malaysia. The aluminium had a totally different luster to it indicating different manufacturing process, the nut did not have the nylon lock, and other differences. It was pretty rough.

I had to order the left arm from Eeuroparts and it arrived as the genuine German TRW arm. I have pictures to compare the 2 if anyone is interested. The other 3 arms from FCP were genuine. Of course I contacted them and they are returning it and had discovered the problem on their own the day prior. They didn't inform their customers who purchased this kit....

Adjusted the left tie rod 3 turns as this should get the toe close. No issues with the tie rod. Tried to adjust the right tie rod and of course it was seized! The final step of my install.

New tie rods arrived yesterday and will complete that over the next few days. Will get a shop to check the toe but I'm curious how close my 3 turns (plus tie rod replacement) will get me. Stay tuned.

Last edited by R3dLeader; 04-08-2022 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Update info
Appreciate 0